Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 260
“Chapter 260: Distinction Between Right or Wrong 1.5”
– Phew… Worked up quite the sweat.
Ernika was back in her territory.
The Sacred Land was located far north of the Sage’s Forest.
It was nighttime. Everyone had finished their prayers and was asleep.
– Beautiful moon. Brings back memories.
The clock ticked as if the battle that had just taken place didn’t happen.
– The Creator used to… Actually, it’s not time to reminisce.
Ernika’s job wasn’t over.
What would happen to Shiori?
That girl… She was something special.
It was the first time Ernika had seen something like that… Ever since her Creator.
But she would probably lose anyways.
– Let’s see…
Ernika walked to the statue of a goddess.
Everyone prays to the statue every day. They’re all convinced Ernika is a messenger of the gods.
But instead of praying, Ernika reached for the hidden drawer at the statue’s feet.
As always, there was a folded paper.
Guards had been set to guard the statue every night, but no one ever knew where the paper came from. It just appears there.
It was a strange material. It felt more pleasant to touch than usual paper, and it had holes on the side.
It also had blue lines drawn at even intervals to make it easier to write.
But the most important part was the contents of the paper.
A message from the gods.
– Lloyd, can I ask you a favor?
– My pleasure. What is it?
– Can you throw away this robe? It’s stained with blood.
The wolves gave the Sage of Light and her apprentice quite a hard time.
They ended up having to go check on Shiori before they could finish off the pair.
– I know I haven’t finished my last order yet, but…
Ernika was about to read the paper.
But a blade was suddenly pressed against her throat.
– A sword!?
She was able to block it in time with her hand, but some of her fingers were cut off.
– Wow, that’s the Sage of Light for you. I thought that would be enough.
Ernika took distance and turned around.
– Lloyd!? What are you… No.
This wasn’t Lloyd. It was someone that looked like him.
– Who are you?
– Hahaha! Good question! Let me tell you. You might make some friends in the afterlife.
Lloyd transformed into a man with white hair and blood-red eyes.
Ernika had heard of him, but this was her first time meeting him.
– The Demon King.
– Boo. Wrong. Or not? At least you were close. Hey, come out already.
Behind the representative of the Demon King were two more troublesome individuals.
– Milligan, and The Great Swordsman Ralph. (Ernika)
– Ahh, ehhh… I’m sorry. B-But. I had to. He said. I would be. Unalive.
Milligan was at a safe distance. Their nuclei weren’t canceling each other’s magic yet.
Run away? Or fight?
Having lost her apprentice, Ernika had to make a choice.
The Creator’s words echoed in her head.
– Sage of Light, would you like to know the name of that paper?
– It’s called a loose leaf. Everyone used them back in school.
– Loose… School? Huh?
Ernika was speechless.
How could the boy know something not even the sages knew?
He smelled just like Shiori and the Creator. Like someone from another world.
– Could you let me read what the paper says?
Ernika looked down to read her new order from the gods.
“I’m tired of you. Goodbye”
She looked around. Everywhere she could. But no one stood out.
She knew she was being watched.
Somewhere, they’re laughing at Ernika.
As if she was just a doll.
– Ha…Haha… HAHAHAHA.
– Glad to see you’re leaving on a good note. (Kouya)
In the veil of the night, completely unbeknownst to Takaya, another curtain was about to fall.